Clinics & Services
Your doctor may suggest you make an appointment for one of the following clinics:
- Asthma/COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Coronary Prevention
- Minor Surgery - For removal of small skin lumps. Injections of elbows and HRT implants.
- Family Planning - Advice on contraception is available in normal surgery hours. The doctors fit coils and implants when appropriate, but prior arrangement is needed.
- Cervical Screening - This simple and painless test can detect early changes in the neck of the womb. This is performed by the practice nurse.
- Chlamydia Screening - Please ask the nurse, reception or your GP for more information.
The nurses carry out the full range of nursing procedures including immunisations, blood tests, dressings and cervical smears. They also take a major part in our health promotional clinics.
Health Care Clinics
Ante-natal and Booking Clinics (Community Midwife) by appointment only, arranged by the midwife.
Child Immunisations (Nurse, doctor available) Tuesday 09:00 - 18:00.
By appointment only, sent from the Child Health Department. If your child has not been sent an appointment, please contact the surgery to make a routine nurse appointment.
8 Week Development Check/Post-natal (Doctor) by appointment only, arranged and sent out by our admin team.
They are based at the Medical Centre and can be contacted personally from 09:00 - 09:30 or between 12:45 - 13:15, or a message may be left for them on (01908) 302960. Patients can refer themselves for the district nurses services, or a relative may phone on their behalf. District nurses have a lot to do, so please come to the surgery if you are able to. If you need any other information please ask the District nurses at the above times.